Solved! Mac Pro to equaliser to headphones

May 2, 2020
i would like to go from my Mac Pro to an equalizer then to headphones...i think my hearing must be on the way out as I'm hearing muffled bass which stops me hearing whats been said on d/l movies.
i can't be the first one to be having this problem, does any member know if I'm on the right track.
suggestions welcomed.
tia.

Solution
thankyou for your reply, very much appreciated.

my problem is my mac is using OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 which is to earlier a version to work with the 2 eq apps that are available.
i have advertised (locally) that i am looking for a eq as a stand alone.
the market favorites work fine for music but don't cut the mustard for what i require, my short term get rid of the bass fuzz out of d/l movies has been an el cheapo set of buds from the 7/11 store. by manipulating these in my ear and having the small slit facing into the ear and the large bit pointing away like an exhaust all the bass fuzz disappears ....sadly i can't see any way to post a pic to show what they are and what i mean
what brand of headphones would you call a...
May 2, 2020

my problem is my mac is using OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 which is to earlier a version to work with the 2 eq apps that are available.
the market favorites work fine for music but don't cut the mustard for what i require, my short term get rid of the bass fuzz out of d/l movies has been an el cheapo set of buds from the 7/11 store. by manipulating these in my ear and having the small slit facing into the ear and the large bit pointing away like an exhaust all the bass fuzz disappears ....sadly i can't see any way to post a pic to show what they are and what i mean
what brand of headphones would you call a better set of headphones?

what brand of headphones would you call a better set of headphones?

There are dozens of good heaphones and IEMs out there, but it's impossible to know if anything will help you with the audio issue without a lot more details, it may be because of your bad quality headphones or whatever you are listening to, it's not likely to be your actual computer causing the issue. You said something about downloaded movies, are these from torrents or are you streaming or saving movies from Netflix and such? Is the issue present in all audio or just these movies? If the quality of the audio in the file is bad, that is the issue not your system.

If you want to try to EQ the sound, you would need something like this https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-FB...dp/B000MJ406Y/ref=psdc_11975621_t1_B07NJ399P1 then a headphone amp connected to the output on that.

Last edited:
Solution