Question Macbook Pro 15 mid 2015 - AMD graphics - unable to reduce display contrast

Apr 11, 2023
Hello all,
I have a Macbook Pro 15 mid 2015 model with AMD graphics. Given to me by my son, who upgraded to M1 Macbook Pro 16. He had already upgraded the OS to Monterey. He reset the Mackbook Pro and gave it to me with Monterey OS and now it has the latest Monterey updated version.

Display is set to the default Retina display. (not scaled). I find the display of pictures, photos etc., a little bit with more contrast when compared to my Calibrated 27 inch Monitors on windows. I don't use this Macbook Pro with external displays.

The default color profile is "Color LCD" and I have not tampered with it.

When I go to customize the profile, and try to add a profile with changed settings, the "continue" button takes me straight to the color. It skips "Setup" button. Even if I clicked on the "Setup" button, it is not working. From YouTube videos, I found this "setup"button has contrast and brightness adjustments.

I want to reduce the contrast but unable to do it.
In the "Accessibility > display> adjust contrast, the slider is already at the left most end. I could increase the contrast, but not reduce it.

So, how do I reduce the contrast? I tried sRGB profile. This too did not change the contrast. So went back to the default Color LCD profile.

Any help and advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 11, 2023
Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I am very sure that the graphic card is working fine. Because I have software that will not work without a dedicated GPU. Regarding display, it is the Macbook Pro's built in Retina display. I am not using any external monitor. I am using this Notebook as a Notebook only.