Macbook air 11 inch vs zenbook ux305ua

G

I really need a laptop for college and i want one that is light and have the battery life to at least last a day.

Both of these have similar specs(the ux305 is obviously more powerful, but i dont really care much about power)and the prices are similar in my country.

I prefer the macbook design, though the ux305 is also pretty good. I am mainly a windows guy, but i also had bad experiences with windows laptops in the past, while i kinda enjoyed the few times i used a macbook, though it was a pro instead of air)

Im wondering if i should try out the macbook air even if it is weaker than the ux305 for its awesome build quality and screen, or go for slightly more power, which might allow me to play a few games if i am bored.

tldr: should i go with a design i prefer more or slightly more power on a laptop mainly used for research and watching videos.

G

I am also interested in the asus k401ub, which is about 3/4 of the price and way more powerful, sacrificing portability and battery.

I think i am ok with the 14" screen, but can the k401ub last at least 6 hours, asus's website claims it does, but i have yet to see a review testing the battery life.