Macbook Airport Card Replacement

Anthony13

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
I was wondering if anyone knows whether I can replace the airport card from my newer aluminum-body 2008 macbook (late 2008) with the airport card from my older macbook (plastic-body early 2008). When I look at the 'Card Type' in the System Report ouput, the newer card (to be replaced) is: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x8D), the older card type is: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x88). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Solution

Actually I think I wouldn't have been able to anyways because the cards are different sizes, but it turns out the card wasn't the problem. I fixed the problem with my Wi-fi connectivity by deleting the 'NetworkInterfaces.plist' file in:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Then I forced it to remake the file by restarting my system, and the wi-fi works now.

Anthony13

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

Actually I think I wouldn't have been able to anyways because the cards are different sizes, but it turns out the card wasn't the problem. I fixed the problem with my Wi-fi connectivity by deleting the 'NetworkInterfaces.plist' file in:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Then I forced it to remake the file by restarting my system, and the wi-fi works now.

Solution