Solved! MacBook Pro 13.3" (MB990LL/A)

count_dissident

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
Sorry if there are already threads like this but I can't seem to find the search for this forum.

Anyways,I am thinking of buying the MacBook Pro 13.3" (MB990LL/A) and I was wondering if this would be a good decision or if I should consider something else in the price range. I would like to make my purchase from Best Buy due to the financing available there.

I am not opposed to PC but the laptop will be used for a live band and some recording and I have read that Mac's are the standard for audio production. Also, firewire is a must for my needs.

Thanks in advance!!
-Count

Solution
Macs aren't a standerd for audio production, per say - audio people use them often because of the fact that they're audio people and not computer people.

Though, I will add, any PC in the same price range of the Mac will outperform it.

One of the best recording/editing software applications I know of runs only on PC platforms - that being Cakewalk's Sonar.

frozenlead

Distinguished
Macs aren't a standerd for audio production, per say - audio people use them often because of the fact that they're audio people and not computer people.

Though, I will add, any PC in the same price range of the Mac will outperform it.

One of the best recording/editing software applications I know of runs only on PC platforms - that being Cakewalk's Sonar.

Solution