MacBook Pro won't boot up with 2 sticks of ram

thetechpotato

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
I recently picked up a MacBook Pro from a relative who didn't want it anymore. So I took 2 sticks of ram from another MacBook Pro (both early 2011,13 inch) and put it in. The one that I picked up had an ssd in it. When I pressed the power button, there were 3 beeps which meant that there was no ram inserted. So I took one out and it booted, but got stuck at the Apple logo with an empty bar. I tried it a few times but the furthest I got was when it reached half of the loading bar. So I swapped the ram out with the other one and the same problem still existed. I put both of them in and it gave me the beep code again. Even after I swapped their position around. I can't get into recovery as it gets stuck, not even in internet recovery as after the loading bar finishes, the Apple logo shows and it gets stuck there. Resetting smc, pram or trying safe mode doesn't work. I'm trying to get a recovery disc now. But can someone please tell me what's wrong?

thetechpotato

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018

There were 2 sticks of ram in it but it didn't boot. The Mac had those 2 sticks for around 3 years and it worked fine before I picked it up.