Magic Leap Shows Off Mind-Blowing Augmented Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCguitarist

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Thats a great movie and all, but will never happen. For example, the person in the video is obviously physically handling the weapon. And how would he feel recoil if what he was holding wasn't physically there? Lastly how would the program know that an object it was placing on the table wasn't going to clip through some small objects on the table. Great video editing and CG though.

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
Why give the world this video but not explain anything about it?

I imagine they were going to show it with more context at the TED conference, and then when they had to pull out, they figured a teaser video was better than nothing. But that's just speculation on my part.

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
For example, the person in the video is obviously physically handling the weapon. And how would he feel recoil if what he was holding wasn't physically there?

Yes, the weapon is physically there -- my guess is it acts like a game controller, and that force feedback is involved somehow.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Thats a great movie and all, but will never happen. For example, the person in the video is obviously physically handling the weapon. And how would he feel recoil if what he was holding wasn't physically there? Lastly how would the program know that an object it was placing on the table wasn't going to clip through some small objects on the table. Great video editing and CG though.
For example, the person in the video is obviously physically handling the weapon. And how would he feel recoil if what he was holding wasn't physically there?

Yes, the weapon is physically there -- my guess is it acts like a game controller, and that force feedback is involved somehow.

some, but he is playing it up/they edited the recoil in, remember this is weta, its basicly what they do.

--------

as for the vr... of this quality, you would be looking at around a 4k screen per eye we are so far away from this its depressing to think that by the time it comes out i cant enjoy it like i would now... but we do have good vr coming soon.

oh... before anyone asks, to drop things into real life like this, it requires a far higher res screen than vr does, which is why a single 1080p is ok for vr whereas 2 full 4k would be pushing it for ar.

Status
Not open for further replies.