Magicka Expansion Sends Mages to Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The gimmick behind this game is the ability to combine various elements (earth, fire, water, air etc) to create a seemingly unlimited variety of spells. Sometimes these spells work as planned; other times, they can have drastic yet humorous consequences

Such as being the only survivor after a fight and then trying to resurrect your friends while you're wet.

Multiplayer is still buggy, but it's still a darn fun game despite the bugs. My personal favorite spell is chaos + steam (water+fire) + steam + lightning + lightning. Makes just a wonderful beam of death that wets foes while shocking them.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
@ rodney_ws

An additude like that will only hurt a company like this. Especially when you have a game like this. One that's so casual feeling, even if its deeper than some rts games.

This was a major snafu on their part to not have some toggle in game to turn down the shader model so lower end systems could play this game.

G

Because when I think "humorous", I think "nigh-genocidal jungle warfare", amirite? I can't wait for the followups, "Magicka: Fallujah" and "Magicka: Auschwitz"!

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
My neighbors may have heard me laughing at the end of this video.
Been meaning to buy BFBC2: Vietnam, maybe I need to buy Magicka: Vietnam at the same time.
Combo deal for the two expansions maybe?

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Magicka is a good game. Haven't played multi player though. My 6 year old has completed the solo adventure 2 times and casts all kinds of wacky spells.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Awesome awesome game, I'm currently making my way through the single player and really enjoy it at every level. Those guys did an outstanding job! Congrats for making such a great game with such a small team.

Status
Not open for further replies.