Solved! Magnet in my Motorola smartphone

Oct 28, 2018
Since I had serious security issues with my previous smartphone i bought myself a Motorola C+ brand new in Madrid's Fnac
Though It seemed to work fine the first weeks, I'm again being regurlarly Lost by Google Maps :/
Tonight, as I was going on a small errand, I put It in my purse, with coins in it
Back in my room I take It off the purse and all european small coins (that are mainly made of iron) stayed stucked in it
I opened the device and It seems to be the voice speaker that attracts coins (and even spoons get stucked to it, when the cover is off)
Am I getting paranoid or is that normal ?
Thanks for your kind answers

Solution

Location tracking may be just a bad connection in your area should not have anything to do with items getting attached to speakers. How isolated the magnet is would depend on the model, you can always contact Motorola or the carrier and see what they say. I'd guess they may have those phones on display and you can test them in their stores. I know I have had things stick to my phone which is a Samsung S7, but I also use a magnetic car mount...

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from nanouchette : "Magnet in my Motorola smartphone"

If you look up how a speaker works, it will be made clear.

http://www.physics.org/article-questions.asp?id=54

Oct 28, 2018
Thank you for your answer but I knew how a speaker world, but has never heard of smartphones with such a potent speaker magnet spoons would stuck to It
And why does my location doesn't work anymore ?
And this potent magnetic thing doesn't happen with my roommates smartphones (Xperia Zx )

Location tracking may be just a bad connection in your area should not have anything to do with items getting attached to speakers. How isolated the magnet is would depend on the model, you can always contact Motorola or the carrier and see what they say. I'd guess they may have those phones on display and you can test them in their stores. I know I have had things stick to my phone which is a Samsung S7, but I also use a magnetic car mount so that may have magnetized things more.

Solution