'Make Me Asian' App Pulled from Google Play Store

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Racial Equality Groups - Keeping racism alive at the forefront of peoples minds.

Where I live its easy to forget as it really does not exist much, I hope one day there will be no more need for such groups.

That and people can take a joke and not see malice where there is none.
(often on behalf of others who it is not even bothering)

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I hope the release this as "Change my Race" or even " "Race my Face". Include white, black, hispanic, asian, middle-eastern, etc. I would love to see how I look as a different race. Good for pranking ... make some facebook profiles and friend the same person with your multiple nationalities.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]9a3iqa[/nom]1) Why does the App assume everybody using it is white? What if your black for example could it still make you Asian? No it's only aimed at whites which is racist. 2) If the developers see no issue with making make me race x App why don't they make a "Make me white" App which allows non-white people to look white? They wouldn't because in their mind everybody human is white and white is the standard so why would they make an App which makes people look like the "standard"?![/citation]
I find the term "white" and "Whites" highly racist and offensive. I prefer the term "scrawny pasty Caucasian". Don't be racist, bro.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Pailin[/nom]Racial Equality Groups - Keeping racism alive at the forefront of peoples minds.Where I live its easy to forget as it really does not exist much, I hope one day there will be no more need for such groups.That and people can take a joke and not see malice where there is none.(often on behalf of others who it is not even bothering)[/citation]
I agree completely. In most parts of the country, and to an extent, the world... racism has long since stopped being an issue, aside to those who only find joy in discovering some new and exceedingly more ignorant reason to bitch about something.

G

To 9a3iqa: Maybe the guy was in the process of developping the make me white apps...
This all thing is stupid... and people assume that the developper is a white guy here when I read the comments... and that only whites are racists! Believe me... I live in Asia and I have seen stupid behaviour here as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.