Makerbot Replicator+ 3D Printer Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

JF____

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
You have very low standards for "good" quality prints. These prints are horrible quality and could never be considered even remotely good.

Jetguy

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
I have issue with saying it's easy to get the replacement grip surfaces and spare build plate. MakerBot will gladly take your money for an order for them, but I ordered them on the 26th of September just after release of the new machine and have had no less than 5 phone calls with tech support and they still cannot ship those parts to anyone now going on 30 days +. Makerbot online store does not show inventory and again, they will take your money and you will be stuck calling support asking when your parts and supplies might ship. Do not buy a printer you might get stuck needing to deal with that nonsense. Also note, a comprehensive teardown picture set is posted https://www.flickr.com/photos/90025904@N04/albums/72157673120310332

Bryon_

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
I bought a replicator 2 from this company in 2012 for $2,000 That machine produces better prints than your examples and it's old tech. There have been 2 new generations by makerbot and they both are worse than gen 4. Why would anyone buy from this company any more? I bought Flashforge Dreamer and Creator Pro printers that cost apox $1,000 a piece. They print on par with the Replicator 2. Whoever wrote this article has no standards when they review. 8/10 ? How can anyone trust these reviews? Makerbot sucks, they try to adopt the Apple model on pricing. Charge the most they possibly can even though the competition is offering better tech for half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.