Solved! Malware bytes and Bitdefender causing BSOD

Mar 17, 2018
I was getting BSOD error and I think I narrowed the error down to a conflict with Malware bytes and Bitdefender.

I was wondering what one is better to keep? I had Bitdefender total security and Malware Bytes pro

SL_Reaper

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
Try uninstalling both, then check for updates for your system. BIOS, device drivers for all components then Windows update. After using system for your normal activity and restarting at least once, create a restore point and/or backup then start with reinstalling BitDefender. Update it and run a full comprehensive scan. If no probems arise, create a new restore point and then install MWB. Good Luck

kasiourasg

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
That's a weird one. These two shouldn't conflict. Anyway, if that's really the case, then I would suggest replacing Malwarebytes as the cost is way lower than replacing Bitdefender.

I personally have been using MalwareFox in place of Malwarebytes and it's working just fine with Windows Defender. Not sure if it's the same with Bitdefender so try it out before investing.

If the same thing happens again, then we can safely assume that the error relies elsewhere or it's Bitdfender on its own that causes the error.

Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs should normally be able to work together without interference. Unless you're scanning with both of them at the same time. Don't do that please.

Feb 16, 2018

Don't load multiple security programs into your computer, no matter what they tell you.
This causes conflicts....

Use an all-in-one professional security application (not a free one).

Never load any "free" tools from the internet which claim to "fix" your computer.

Indecently: 80% of all "free" stuff on the internet is actually malware.

The more "free" stuff you install...the more problems you will have...and the slower your system will run.

I just gave you the best advice you will ever receive about keeping your system running correctly.

Windows needs NO "free" program to help it run correctly. So...don't fall for it.

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
a lot of conflicts that people find are actually bugs caused by bugs in network drivers.
IE old network driver causes the scanner to get errors that lead to the scanner to cause a bugcheck.
Often they can be fixed via proper updates to Network drivers. (usb network drivers also often require BIOS, CPU chipset and USB3 chipset driver updates as well as the USB network driver update)

Generally you get the updates from the motherboard vendors website. Some times you have to go to the chip vendors website to get the update.

mdd1963

Distinguished
If Malwarebytes is already paid for (not sure where the subj of Malware Fox came in), it's active/ Real Time Protection can be turned off within the 'Settings'/Protection tab, and, it can still be used as a secondary on demand scanner. In said mode, it will interfere with nothing.