Malware that I can't find.

P47Fighter

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014
Hello.
I built this budget rig 4 months ago more or less, and I never had a problem. Suddenly out of nowhere, I started getting an error along the lines of: "the display driver has crashed and recovered". I looked online for multiple solutions, and nothing really worked, until I stumbled across a reply, that said that the problem was a malware most likely, and should restart my PC in safe mode, and then scan and delete everything that it could have found.
The problem is: it doesn't detect anything, malware bytes is not finding anything, nor avast. And the thing, is I'm sure I have a malware or something, because very often when I click any link, avast says that it has blocked a pop up. And it happens really often, and with legit web sites, like you tube. So I really do believe I have a malware or something, but none of the software can detect anything.
My questions is: is there a program better than malware bytes or avast that might find something that they didn't?

Thank you very much for your help

nismoguy82

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
Could be a bad overclock on your GPU that's throwing that error code. AV software blocking popups isn't unsual. I'd be more worried if it wasn't blocking any popups. The AV software you have is good, but are they updated?

aford10

Distinguished
Was it the guide in my signature you were following?

Try running combofix. Did you check the manufacturer of your video card's website, to verify you have the latest driver? Also, I don't really see a need to remove malwarebytes. It's an on demand scanner, so it's not even doing anything unless you're launching it.

FALC0N

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
Sounds like one of those adware browser redirectors. They can be really hard to detect.

I was start by scanning with hitman pro. It's a second opinion scanner like malware bytes. Scan is free. If it finds something, the 30 day trial is fully functional. Use it to clean, if it finds something.

After that, see if there are any suspicious browser add ons that might be the culprit.