Malwarebytes and the virus

Fire099

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
I have Malwarebytes Premium (idk if that would help) and recently I have tried to download some trainers. Normally what happens is Malwarebytes deletes the file, and then I scan it then make it an exception. I do this because I know why the file is being detected as a virus/potential threat and I download from a trusted site. But I digress. Recently I haven't been able to open Malwarebytes (meaning that I can run it, but the actual app won't open) and do the whole routine aforementioned. Also to clarify, the file is deleted for being a potential threat/"virus," but I cannot open up Malwarebytes to restore the file and make it an exception. I have tried to change Malwarebytes' name to "explorer.exe" because I found that somewhere online and thought it would work. The thing is, it is asking for admin permission...when I am the admin. I feel it is a virus that takes the admin rights and controls the computer's activity in a sense, I have had one before. I'm simply asking for your guys' two cents. Basically, what should I do? (I would like not to reset my computer.)

Solution
You can, from an uninfected computer, make a bootable Defender Offline disc, or, bootable Kaspersky/BitDefender scanner....on DVD or USB...

Boot from i/them, scan...

If unsuccessful, you'll soon be deleting partitions/reinstalling anyway...

mdd1963

Distinguished
You can, from an uninfected computer, make a bootable Defender Offline disc, or, bootable Kaspersky/BitDefender scanner....on DVD or USB...

Boot from i/them, scan...

If unsuccessful, you'll soon be deleting partitions/reinstalling anyway...

Solution