Man Arrested for YouTube Hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This news is a blessing in disguise.
Google `ASPARTAME'
It has been put into food for ages, was pushed through the system by Donald Rumsfeld apparantly and it contains a degree of poison.
It is found in many daily products like soda, mints and Listerine Tongue/mouth strips that you put on your tongue! (Think mints and Listerine mouth strips - do the math)
Doubt this...? Google it - go to a railway station and check out the labels on the daily products especially those mentioned above.

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
But please.... The problem with Aspartame is the possible problems was never touroughly proven it's true..... Just like global warming.... Because sadly, you cannot easily predict the future, like cancer.

The best phrase would be it could influence stuff somewhat. But never cause something. In that case, then cellphone signals should also causes cancer. But it doesn't really do. Directly that is.

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
[citation][nom]a_dude[/nom]This news is a blessing in disguise.Google `ASPARTAME'It has been put into food for ages, was pushed through the system by Donald Rumsfeld apparantly and it contains a degree of poison.It is found in many daily products like soda, mints and Listerine Tongue/mouth strips that you put on your tongue! (Think mints and Listerine mouth strips - do the math)Doubt this...? Google it - go to a railway station and check out the labels on the daily products especially those mentioned above.[/citation]

I had no idea that diabolical bastard Rumsfeld was involved with Aspartame. I avoid Aspartame at all costs, cane sugar is just fine thank you.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
The article is about some moron claiming to put cyanide and rat poison in baby food, and the comments shift to artificial sweeteners like aspartame (used in Equal, NutraSweet, and Canderel). *sarcasm* Yeah, that Rumsfeld sure is evil, cuz' aspartame breaks down to aspartic acid, which is poison! Wait... Lunch meat also has aspartic acid... so does veggies like asparagus.

Aspartame's dangerous effects are greatly exaggerated. Stop being afraid of everything... I could probably argue that natural sugar is more harmful to the average American. Actually, on that note, try to explain how Aspartame ISN'T less harmful than natural sugar, which has a much larger caloric content, more greatly contributing to obesity, which is the #1 killer in the US.

Regardless, the side conversation has nothing to do with the malicious hoax on youtube. The last thing we need is more people spreading fear... If found guilty I hope he gets serious time, not because locking the guy up is necessarily the correct punishment to the crime, but to discourage others from doing similar hoaxes.

tomsregistrationsucks

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I normally do not post on forums because they are full of uneducated fools but bringing up aspartame as a poison is ridiculous. I happen to have written a paper on the studies of various artificial sweeteners for my organic chemistry I class last semester. Based on numerous studies there is absolutely no reputable evidence of death/cancer being caused by the intake of aspartame given on any realistic consumption of aspartame. Of the studies that did conclude and were able to be repeated the intake of aspartame was hundreds of times higher than any human would possibly intake in their life. This extreme amount was given in a months time. It was the equivalent of a person eating 10,000-20,000 packets of aspartame in a month. Taking anything in excessive amounts can cause harm on the body. There is one other case of people being harmed from aspartame and that is people who are born with phenylketonuria (PKU). It is a disorder where the essential amino acid phenylalanine is not properly metabolized and obviously that doesn't just have to do with aspartame. I do personally avoid this sweetener based on the fact that it tastes like shit though. I am a fan of sucralose though and if you take a chance to look at its chemical structure it is very close to that of sugar. Plus it has no calories when used in a commercial product.

tomsregistrationsucks

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I normally do not post on forums because they are full of uneducated fools but bringing up aspartame as a poison is ridiculous. I happen to have written a paper on the studies of various artificial sweeteners for my organic chemistry I class last semester. Based on numerous studies there is absolutely no reputable evidence of death/cancer being caused by the intake of aspartame given on any realistic consumption of aspartame. Of the studies that did conclude and were able to be repeated the intake of aspartame was hundreds of times higher than any human would possibly intake in their life. This extreme amount was given in a months time. It was the equivalent of a person eating 10,000-20,000 packets of aspartame in a month.

G

omg wat a loser, only weak retards post fake hoax's on the internet for self satisfaction

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]aspartic acid, which is poison! Wait... Lunch meat also has aspartic acid... so does veggies like asparagus.[/citation]

I KNEW asparagus was evil!
My parents just wouldn't listen.

G

fulle :
aspartic acid, which is poison! Wait... Lunch meat also has aspartic acid... so does veggies like asparagus.

crap, i just ate one whie reading this, now wat do i do??

G

[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]fulle :aspartic acid, which is poison! Wait... Lunch meat also has aspartic acid... so does veggies like asparagus.crap, i just ate one whie reading this, now wat do i do??[/citation]

Call the poison hotline and don't induce any vomiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.