Man Charged in Webcam Murder

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]DenzielWa[/nom]@burnley14oh come on now, it's not that hard to check your facts first, but i guess both movies had Denziel Washington in it so i guess you can be forgiven, the movie your thinking of is 'the taking of Pelham 123", unstoppable is about a run away cargo train with bio hazard material and no driver[/citation]
Ahhh yep, you're right. My mistake. Thanks for forgiving me ;)

ko888

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
CSI: NY, Season 7, episode #2 - "Unfriendly Chat" first aired October 1, 2010. Adam, a CSI Laboratory Technician, witnesses a murder on the internet, while chatting with the murder victim, leaving him determined to find the murderer.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Armstronium[/nom]As someone who spent 2 years in a long distance relationship with Skype as the principal means of contact, the thought of witnessing a murder like that makes me shudder. [/citation]
As someone who puts his pants on one leg at a time, the thought of witnessing a murder like that makes me shudder.

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
No death penalty in Toronto unfortunately.

Naked from the waist down and no sign of sexual assault...sureeeee. What else would he have been doing.
Pretty sad that this is the first recorded one in real life...I'm sure there will be more as we have webcams in our lives everywhere now...

theroguex

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
There was actually a TV series in the late-late 90s that had an episode with this premise: Murders occurring live on a web cam and broadcast onto the internet. It was way ahead of its time considering webcams sucked back then and everyone was on dial-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.