Man Claims Apple Helped the Mafia Send Threats

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]Right, maybe his iPod will tell him where the little green men are and who really shot Kennedy.[/citation]

Maybe he also knows where Elvis Presley has been all these years.

I don't think he'll go too far with his nicely crafted story.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
I think that the guy obviously has a mental issue and I feel sorry for him actually. I didn't crack a single smile while reading this at all (seriously). How can you make fun of some one like this? Not saying that the article is bluntly making fun of the guy here either but, obviously you thought it was funny if you posted it.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Hmm...
I work in a mafia owned business, and guess what? The pay is decent and the benefits are pretty good. They even recycle. Why no love for the mafia?

Someone get either:
a) This guy help if he is serious.
b) This guy a very short prison sentence to set him straight if he's trying to just make a buck or false fame.

G

I understand the funny side of the story, but otherwise... Certainly any publication with some normal ethical principles in their editorial work would leave the poor guy's name unpublished. Even if other publication already did it.

elbert

Distinguished
First let me say tomshardware isn't the place for these types of articles. Second why on earth would a tech site need to post these types of articles? Lastly who the flip cares if someone insane sues just because its apple. Will we be seeing reports of Intel sued over the CPU pins scratching someones? Please I ask of you no more none tech articles.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]elbert[/nom]First let me say tomshardware isn't the place for these types of articles. Second why on earth would a tech site need to post these types of articles? Lastly who the flip cares if someone insane sues just because its apple. Will we be seeing reports of Intel sued over the CPU pins scratching someones? Please I ask of you no more none tech articles.[/citation]
I found it a little amusing. Plus all the funny responses are great.

lumpoco

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
It seems that alot of people here have been snookered by this story. This story is false and it's obvious that it isn't true. But it was quite interesting reading the various responses of people who claimed to be more sane and intelligent than the supposed "crazy guy". Do these people even realize that they don't look too smart and sensible for bashing a person who is slightly or completely insane. I agree, that the crazy guy's name shouldn't be published, but hey it's not like he should care since the mafia is out to get him and we know that the mafia always get their man. I am also wondering why this site won't let us edit our posts. Are they assuming that we never make mistakes like they do? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.