Man Will Change Name Legally for Apple WWDC 2012 Ticket

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
My guess is this guy is doing something outrageous so he can get his name out in the hopes that someone at Apple will see this and give him free access so they can create even more media buzz. It's nothing that hasn't been done before. Besides, even if he does change his name, he can go back and change it again as soon as the conference is over; it's not a complicated procedure.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Sticking with the chocolate factory analogy, maybe they should let him go to the Foxconn factory and see where the iOoompaLoompas do their work. This zealot seems so desparate, he would probably want to become one of the iOoompaLoompas just to get advance notice of new iStuff.

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
I'm sure there are plenty of people who would do the same for non-transferable Comic-Con tickets

"What if some one name "Adolf Hitler" or "Osama Bin Laden" willing to sell his ticket?"
What do you suppose the odds are that someone with either of those names got tickets to WWDC in the first place?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
WWDC = World Wide Dumbass Convention ?

Seriously; this person has some problems.
Fortunately for us it is unlikely that he will reproduce :)

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
As a software developer, I have no idea why it would be worth it for anyone to spend $1600 on a dev conference. Most of them are either free or very cheap.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
I don`t want to be mean, but he deserve to get flue or something so he can`t attend to convention after he change his name.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]bobbyp86[/nom]For the benefit of those that can't read/see past their blind Apple rage... The buyer is not a 'fan,' he is a developer. This is a developer's conference intended for professionals, he is paying around the price the tickets originally sell for and seemingly has a good sense of humour.Take a look in the mirror, PC fanboys are just as bad as Apple fanboys.[/citation]

The difference is that Apple has a fan base, whereas Microsoft has a user-base of people who either can't switch over due do software or hardware problems, or don't want to spend money on the overpriced Apple hardware. I have to say, generally, Windows fanboys aren't as bad as Apple fanboys. At least most Windows fanboys don't hold on to the inaccurate belief that their computers are secure unless they make them secure.

[citation][nom]Apple Troll Master[/nom]Job's maggots are doing back flips in their caskets.[/citation]

You're really not helping. Of course, "Troll" is in your user name...

[citation][nom]rosen380[/nom]I'm sure there are plenty of people who would do the same for non-transferable Comic-Con tickets"What if some one name "Adolf Hitler" or "Osama Bin Laden" willing to sell his ticket?"What do you suppose the odds are that someone with either of those names got tickets to WWDC in the first place?[/citation]

That just goes on to prove my point. Apple users are more fans than they are plain users. Oh sure there are exceptions, but there are also exceptions to the general rule about Windows users being just users and not fans. Comic readers are also fans, not plain users.

Status
Not open for further replies.