Mastering HD PC Audio, Part 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoboBrancoTimido

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
From what I see it's not a good moment to build a HTPC if you want the full specs of HD audio. At least thats what I gonna say to some friends of mine if they ask me about it.
Besides some true hardcore (not in a bad way) fans of Home Theater , I think most people wont use the full potential of HD Audio nor will they know how to do a correct setup to their speakers or even have enough quality in their speakers to notice the true difference.
Anyway great article, write more in the future, and btw whats the point in having HD audio if people don't know how to setup their own systems, so I hope you write a nice detailed article about the correct way to put different kinds of speakers in different rooms, just an ideia. :)

Best wishes
Rafael Lino

etittel

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Dear Rafael:

thanks for the feedback. I'll be reviewing the Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 as soon as they can get one into my hot little hands, and I'll suggest to my editor that we consider doing something on speaker placement, and multi-room sound system set-ups, too--an excellent suggestion!

Thanks again,
--Ed--

G

This article ignores the seemingly huge and obvious question staring us all in the face, why don't the PC hardware makers just provide support for HD content without all the copy protection protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS