McAfee, AVG Drop in Latest AV-TEST Antivirus Evaluations

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ogdy

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
McWho? Haven't they replaced their screwed up name and products with some Intel stuff? I thought they finally transitioned to Intel Security or something like that.
Not at all surprised Bitdefender is number 1 though. Romanian and Russian security is well known in this industry. Usually, Top 3 security products are (in this order) : Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton.

Paul Wagenseil

Senior Editor
Apr 11, 2014

The company is using Intel Security for the manufacturer, but keeping McAfee in the name of the product -- for now. John McAfee's own antics haven't helped keep the brand name alive, though.

Paul Wagenseil

Senior Editor
Apr 11, 2014

Yeah, but the other 10 percent will use privilege escalation to get past the Standard account limitations.

Paul Wagenseil

Senior Editor
Apr 11, 2014

Kaspersky makes good stuff. It had some less-than-perfect scores in a recent AV-TEST round, but seems to have bounced back. We thought Kaspersky Total Security was the best of the premium AV products last year: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/kaspersky-total-security,review-2045.html

I was using Bitdefender for a couple of years , but switched over to Kaspersky , seems lighter and more responsive than the last two incarnations , I also tested Trend Micro on one of my machines , was very impressed .

They are 1 and 2 most of the time.

Kaspersky tolerates MBAM Premium , much better than Bitdefender.

Status
Not open for further replies.