McAfee Patents Tech That Detects, Blocks Pirated Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
McAfee is the best antivirus you can find out there...honestly!
McAfee will block any virus or malware or whatever without any failure
It will suceed to block everything...I mean everything...
Setting the proc always to high load so that none will run anymore...no virus...no malware...not even...your normal software...your OS too will be blocked
Now...it is adding new feature...blocking pirated products or items which it thinks they are pirated...
McAfee is always be my best and favorite security products...it blocks everyting including YOU!

G

I hope McAfee will just keep this patent and never share it with anyone. Can you imagine that? No one else will have a good way to block pirated content, all you have to do is not have McAfee AV and you can pirate all you want(which I do not endorse or participate in).

JohnUSA

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
McAfee is a very poor, irritating, horrible and abysmal security software.
I am a professional PC expert and I never recommend this software to any of my clients.
Luckily even the free security software are better than McAfee.
Stay away from this garbage software.
Never use it.

JohnUSA

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
McAfee is a very poor, irritating, horrible and abysmal security software.
I am a professional PC expert and I never recommend this software to any of my clients.
Luckily even the free security software are better than McAfee.
Stay away from this garbage software.
Never use it.

SvRommelvS

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
So now, as long as a user does not employee McAfee, no one can detect if he or she has pirated material. And since this will doubtlessly lead to a long and drawn out court case when no company (e.g. Sony) wants to pay Intel's patent license, all users not on Intel OS will have to wait through an inevitable injunction while whatever vague language exists in this filing is examined by the courts before they are forced to have piracy-detection on their machines. And Intel doesn't have an OS! This means it will take longer for this type of enforcement appears.

SvRommelvS

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
So now, as long as a user does not employee McAfee, no one can detect if he or she has pirated material. And since this will doubtlessly lead to a long and drawn out court case when no company (e.g. Sony) wants to pay Intel's patent license, all users not on Intel OS will have to wait through an inevitable injunction while whatever vague language exists in this filing is examined by the courts before they are forced to have piracy-detection on their machines. And Intel doesn't have an OS! This means it will take longer for this type of enforcement appears.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I work for the US Federal Gov't. We use McAfee on the desktop. ...unfortunately. However, I'd be dishonest if I didn't admit that it is not as intrusive as it used to be. Like most things it can be configured to be more or less of a headache. Out of the box? Not good, not good at all.

jonyah

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
In order words, "McAfee has found a way to get people to stop pirating their software." Move along, nothing to see here guys. No one with any amount of education uses McAfee anyway.

serendipiti

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Another patent troll.
I will patent going by foot to get milk at the supermarket.
Probably the remedy will be worst than the illness.
What about "Man In The Middle" ?
What about if my URL is a proper one, will I have any way of getting through this censorship ?

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
"For businesses, this would be ideal for preventing employees from inadvertently or directly consuming illegal content while on the clock. "
Great! Now I'm being clock blocked at work too.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I can't even begin to count the number of pc's i have fixed that come with macafee full of malware and barelyt runing. I always start the fixing procedure by deleting mcafee and installing a real antimalware program. sadly most corpoerations and govt entities use norton or mcafee so i can see this being put on alot of people's work computers

Status
Not open for further replies.