Mcintosh MC2105, Harman Kardon AVR 520, JBL Venue Sub12, and JBL L112 Left/Right speakers

Mike Ladish

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
I've read the instruction manuals for all of these audio equipment and i really have no clue what gets hooked up to what for best sound. I dont want to cause an electric short or fry any of these things. Please help me out

Solution
The HK AVR520 left and right front preamp outputs connect to inputs of the MC2105 amplifer.
The JBL L112 front speakers connect to the 8 ohm (+) and common (-) taps on the amplifier speaker terminals. These are pretty close together so make sure that the wires do not touch.
The JBL sub RCA input (either one if neither is marked as mono of LFE) connects the sub out on the HK AVR520.
When you set up the receiver you will set your fronts to small, center to none, surround to none, and sub to yes. You will also have to adjust the level of the sub so that it is balanced with the front speakers.
The HK AVR520 left and right front preamp outputs connect to inputs of the MC2105 amplifer.
The JBL L112 front speakers connect to the 8 ohm (+) and common (-) taps on the amplifier speaker terminals. These are pretty close together so make sure that the wires do not touch.
The JBL sub RCA input (either one if neither is marked as mono of LFE) connects the sub out on the HK AVR520.
When you set up the receiver you will set your fronts to small, center to none, surround to none, and sub to yes. You will also have to adjust the level of the sub so that it is balanced with the front speakers.

Solution