Mercedes-Benz Making Electric AMG Sportscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Not Mercedes Benz... Mercedes Electric... They label it as such on their cars. I have seen it. Benz (for those who don't know) means 'gasoline'.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
"Interestingly, this electric supercar isn't on that Tesla is involved (but don't be surprised to see that change in future vehicles)."

"and you have a touch choice on your hands." ?

touch?

Other than the above sentences that made me go "uhmm...what?", this article is pretty cool and my WORD how cool will that car be!?!
And i expect the battery life to last well over an hour.

ViPr

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
cool, hopefully with Mercedes getting involved in electric cars then maybe the rule will finally be broken about environmental cars having to look so damn ugly that people would be too embarrassed to be seen in one of them.

G

An engine with that much power must drain it's batteries in a matter of hours... (or runs perhaps 10 miles on a charge).

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Hot damn!!!
To have the balls to produce this car, there must be something unique about those batteries!

The cost will be out of a range I likely will be able to ever afford, but nice regardless.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
batteries.....where do they hide the small fusion reactor?! Also, something we can all relate to better, how the hell are they gonna cool engines of that power!? That is a huge amount of heat being produced.

And those cars are beautiful.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Shit, I should have snaked a couple of webpages of Tom's Hardware Site when this was a site about... HARDWARE!!!! I've had it with this has-been site, now looks like a mediocre magazine I wouldn't even read in the subway... Dr. Thomas Pabst, please start a new one. And stick to it, this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.