Mesh Router Face-off: Netgear Orbi vs. Google WiFi vs. Linksys Velop vs. Samsung Connect Home Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksmith21006

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
Two things not considered and should be. First, is security. Google has found Broadpwn, Cloudbleed, Heartbleed, Shellshock, Meltdown and Spectre and have a security chip inside the GW.

Google developed their own security chip which is inside the GW to lock the boot image to the hardware. So you are going to get a far more secure solution then any other.

The other aspect is the Google App is just a lot better then any other router. We have the Google WiFi and could not be happier.

Mar 30, 2018
In amazon comparison, it says 3,000 Mb/s as data transfer for Netgear Orbi, against 1,200 Mb/s for Google Wifi. Does it mean I will have a faster connection speed on Netgear ? My network speed is 240 Mbps.

Apr 5, 2018
Please advice readers and point to forums where experiences are shared about those stuff.

I share here my experience with linksys: it is good stuff hardware-wise, but Linksys definitely does not have the firmware software quality under control.

I had 2 systems of linksys: (One wrt router, and a VELOP 3 node system later on) both were suffering from bad automatic firmware updates. The VELOP worked flawlessly for 3 months then broke as result of a firmware update.

Status
Not open for further replies.