Micro SD card locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBadasDuck

Prominent
May 19, 2017
I have an micro SD card of SanDisk 32 GB for my phone and it was working fine until 1 week ago. I don't know what the main problem is but it is locked or something like that. All my files are still on it i can look at all the photos and videos but i can't delete or put anything on the card. When i try to delete files it says Error deleting. And when i try to put something on it i says not enough space but i used only 8 GB of it.
When i tryed to format the card i puts out error and on the PC its the same.

Is there something i can do?

Can i maybe be that the card is system locked or something like that.

Solution
Well the smart way would be to move the files (well copy them) to an empty folder on the computer. I would suggest then going through them to make sure that none are set to be locked as well as check them for viruses and malware. Then you can copy them over to the new SD card.

It also may not be the files that are the issue but a problem with the card.
It depends on the card. Some actually have a little part right on the card itself that can lock it. An actual physical lock.

I would check yours for that first.

If it does not have that. I would then start to wonder if there is something you put on the card, or how you put it on the card, that caused the lock. Cards, while they can be taken out of a device and put into others, they are really not meant to do that repeatedly. They damage easily.

MrBadasDuck

Prominent
May 19, 2017
I dose not have a lock on the card. I only tried to download movies on popcorn time but there was a bug a that time and i didn't download anything i found a folder with broken movies that didn't download on the card but i can't erase it cuz it's locked. So i am in a loop.

Well the smart way would be to move the files (well copy them) to an empty folder on the computer. I would suggest then going through them to make sure that none are set to be locked as well as check them for viruses and malware. Then you can copy them over to the new SD card.

It also may not be the files that are the issue but a problem with the card.

Solution
Mar 15, 2018
Android will occasionally "lock" a MicroSD card. It is a software issue, and there is nothing you can do to fix it, save return it to the manufacturer. Surprisingly, SanDisk will almost always exchange the card. Just go to their site, click support, and request an RMA. Lexar is hit or miss. Other manufacturers have varying policies. If they wonʻt exchange it, then Iʻm sorry to say you are stuck until someone develops a tool to fix these cards as this is not so rare.

Mar 16, 2018
When you put card in first time you probably hit use as internal storage if so card is locked to that phone as internal storage and can not be accessed by any other devices

Mar 15, 2018

While this is great information, it doesn't tell us HOW TO FIX IT. That is two phones ago, so I couldn't go back the source of the problem (if that in fact is the source of the problem) to do anything about it, and then, what would I do?

Jun 12, 2018
I'm having the very same issue with exact same error messages. I'm using the SD card on a Galaxy S7 edge and it is the first phone where I used this SD card right out the box. It's a Sandisk ultra 128gb. Even on the computer I cannot delete any of the files. Tried also to use it on my Gopro and it gives an SD error message, Somehow the Android system locked the card.

]

Aug 23, 2018
Ok this is what i did.
I had the same problem card worked fine till i updated my android. Then while copying music from my pc the card stopped working halfway. Cldnt delete, make new folders format anything. I guess thats where most of you are.

What i did was i went into setting and hit "encrypt SDcard".
This fixed the problem. I hope It works for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.