Question Microphone Issues on Windows 10

ThiagoW

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
Hey,

I recently upgraded my PC and everything's fine except for the microphone - it does not work. I own a HyperX Cloud Silver (bought it around 7 months ago) that uses a 3.5mm jack and Realtek technology in order to work on the computer.

When I plugged in for the first time after the upgrade, I noticed that it does identify the mic on Windows/Realtek - but when I tried to talk to friends through Discord it wouldn't pick up my mic, but weirdly enough it would pick up my Windows sounds. I figured it's an issue with Discord so I went on to test it on Windows Sound Settings, confirmed that it isn't Discord's fault. After plugging the mic non-stop between the front and back panel it stopped identifying the mic, but suddenly it came back again.

At the moment my mic is identified but it doesn't work. People complain of "humming sounds" (did a stream test and no sounds comes out of it, only humming sounds). Tried both muted and unmuted mode on the cable, my mic still doesn't work.

Any suggestions? I can't afford to get another motherboard or a headset by now, also I got this headset many months ago. Is there something I can do to fix it on Windows? I mean, it identifies the mic so I assume it is supposed to work?

Obs:
Headset: HyperX Cloud Silver
Motherboard: Asus Z390M-Plus
Windows 10 Pro.

ThiagoW

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
What exactly did you upgrade? Was windows reinstalled?

reinstall the realtek driver from ASUS

set the default recording device in windows sound
Hey,

Thank you so much for replying!

I upgraded my Motherboard, CPU, Graphics Card & RAM as listed:
Gigabyte H81M to Asus Z390M-Plus
Intel Core i5 4590 to Intel Core i5 9600K
Gigabyte 1050 Ti to Galax RTX 2060 Super
HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 + HyperX Blue 4GB to HyperX Black 16GB (2x8) DDR4.

No, I did not reinstall Windows. I did, though, reset my Windows through its system and selected "Removes apps and settings, but keeps your personal files" (Keep my files)

How do I reinstall the Realtek Driver from ASUS? How do I uninstall it and uninstall it back again? When I started my PC for the first time, ASUS software popped up and required me to install some drivers, including Realtek. When I open Realtek (Audio Console). Asus Realtek HD Audio Manager opens

1548427079797-png.115084

It was already set as a default device.

What do I do? Should I reinstall Windows? Reinstall Asus Realtek? How do I do this? Thank you so much for everything.

Best Regards,
Thiago