Microphone not working for calls, video, and other apps but works fine when i use "ok google".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
If it works for that app, then the microphone itself is fine. Have you tried going into the phone's "Settings" and then "Volume" and make sure that all of the options shown have the levels set to a point where it will work? Not muted or on a low number.

Next I would go into "Settings" and then "Apps" and look at all the apps you have added to the device. Tap each one to open the info on it and then look for the permissions it has. Any app that has permission to use the microphone (even if you aren't using that option yourself) could be messing with its usage by other parts of the phone.

Also, you may want to try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it will work for calls. If it works in there, then the problem is something...
If it works for that app, then the microphone itself is fine. Have you tried going into the phone's "Settings" and then "Volume" and make sure that all of the options shown have the levels set to a point where it will work? Not muted or on a low number.

Next I would go into "Settings" and then "Apps" and look at all the apps you have added to the device. Tap each one to open the info on it and then look for the permissions it has. Any app that has permission to use the microphone (even if you aren't using that option yourself) could be messing with its usage by other parts of the phone.

Also, you may want to try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it will work for calls. If it works in there, then the problem is something installed on the device. Bad app, virus, malware, etc., which is limiting the use of the microphone. You would then have to remove the problem to get it to work normally again.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Dec 28, 2018

Thanks that really helped
[link removed, please read the forum rule]

Status
Not open for further replies.