Microphone Not Working

Aug 1, 2018
I've been having a major issue when it comes with my microphone. (I am using a Plantronics GC X60 Headset, I believe.) The speakers work fine, but just today my microphone has started having issues. The issue popped up when I tried to talk with a friend of mine but my mic wouldn't work.

I've tried reinstalling the drives, changing its options in Sound, etc. The only solution I got was restarting my PC. My microphone would be able to work for a few minutes before it would stop again. It would either not work at all or make faint static. help please.

Solution
Try using another voice application and see if it does the samething. If it does its most likely a physical issue with your mic and it should be replaced.

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Are you using discord?

Have you tried using a voice recorder on the PC to see if its picking up your voice but maybe the problem is with the application you are using?

I know discord had a recent update and messed up mics for many people, including myself. Only fix was to go into Discord voice options and at the bottom change the voice type back to legacy mode.

Aug 1, 2018

I have been using SpeakPipe to test my microphone. My microphone ends up working for a few moments, but then either goes silent or creates static. For the rest of the time being my voice isn't picked up at all. This is an issue with my microphone rather than a specific application, though. I don't use voice chat on Discord too much, so I don't think they're the issue.