Question Microphone picks sound from the pc

Dec 24, 2019
Hello everyone, as I said in the title, my microphone picks every single sound that comes from my pc. So if I'm in a call (mainly on discord), everyone can hear what I'm listening to in the background. I have a lenovo g50-70 running on the updated version of windows 10 and using a Conexant sound card. I use Smartaudio but no setting seems to solve the problem (although I'm open to all suggestions at this point), and everything is up to date because I just formatted my pc and reinstalled all of my drivers.

I know that the problem isn't coming from my earphones because everything works just fine on my phone, and I also know that it's not coming from my discord settings because I have the same problem with other software I used while trying to fix that problem. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the earphones and the mic one piece, and it's from a low-cost chinese brand called miniso. But even using other earphones didn't change any thing.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019
I am going out on a limb here and assuming that the mic and the earphones are one piece? You don't mention. Additionally, you don't say what brand/model they are. Please add that information to better understand the issue.

My bad, I forgot to mention that. Yes they're one piece, and it's from a low-cost chinese brand called miniso. But even using other earphones didn't change anything so I still am totally lost. I will add this information to the post, thank you for pointing it out !

So the sounds that are being heard, are they sounds playing in the earphones themselves and not through the speakers? Trying to get a little clarity here.

If that is the case, it is possible that the sounds are very loud and the mic is picking them up. However, if the sounds are say coming out of a speaker then the microphone would definitely pick it up.

It is also possible it is the hardware. You said when you use the mic and earphones through another device, the sounds aren't heard. Did you test them with calls and other sounds like with the computer? Or better yet to test on another computer (as phones and tablets are set up differently).

Dec 24, 2019
So the sounds that are being heard, are they sounds playing in the earphones themselves and not through the speakers? Trying to get a little clarity here.

Nothing from the speakers. The sounds are playing in the earphones.

If that is the case, it is possible that the sounds are very loud and the mic is picking them up. However, if the sounds are say coming out of a speaker then the microphone would definitely pick it up.

I though about this possibility, but covering the mic with my hand to keep the sound from reaching it didn't change anything at all. Plus it picks the sound from the pc way too clearly for this possibility.

It is also possible it is the hardware. You said when you use the mic and earphones through another device, the sounds aren't heard. Did you test them with calls and other sounds like with the computer? Or better yet to test on another computer (as phones and tablets are set up differently).

Yes I made sure to take all of those possibilities into account, and even on another pc its sound isn't picked.