Microsoft Delays Xbox One Launch in Eight Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Something is going on. It's not a supply issue. Microsoft always had strong manufacturing ties so going to guess legal issues with those countries.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
what a disaster is MSFT these days. They cant get anything right. They need to listen to their customers more.
- The Windows branding is suffering all across
- The Mobile Solution (despite being good) not picking up
- The XBOX one (not much game at launch, bad policies and delays) Already suffering from negative customer attitude

Smokedatoke

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
I wonder how much this is going to hurt MIcrosoft's bottom line. I know a few people who jumped the Sony wagon at the beginning of the 360/PS3 generation because the PS3 launched a year after the 360. Although this is only going to effect 8 countries there's a good chance we'll see a repeat performance if Microsoft doesn't deliver a reasonable release date and soon.

chimera201

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
They are launching in only those countries where the probability of sales figures being high are high. So that they can publicly announce the sales figures.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Where's the picture of the fat guy doing the face palm?
Really M$? On top of everything else?! What you got a team of monkeys working there or what?

Murissokah

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
Microsoft:

"We have decided to take a more responsible approach to our customers and wait for Sony to dictate the market, since we have no idea what we are doing".

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Has to be a supply issue. Given the list of countries I can't see any other reason for this. Perhaps AMD has a problem now that they have demand?

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
What's funny Parsian is they've actually been constantly listening to their customers since E3, changing every little aspect of the Xbone on the whims of any internet troll. You may think that's a good thing, but in the business world only an absolute failure shows this complete of a deviation from their original plans. Scrapped plans cost them time and money, redoing them costs even more. It's like Microsoft just spent 10 years painstakingly building a house by themselves handcrafting all aspects to make it perfect, only to hit it with a wrecking ball because the neighbor laughed at it and piecing together the remnants in some kind of shack. The people who didn't like it at E3 still don't like it, the people who liked the new direction at E3 don't like it now, even Nintendo with it's game drought isn't as big a joke. They could've sold it as "Steam come to consoles with Illumiroom and you can share your game with your friends and family". Instead it came out as "It can watch TV..oh you wanted to hear about games? Here's Activision showing you a dog engine. Also DRMDRMDRMDRMNOUSEDGAMES." I wonder how big a bonus Ballmer will get this year for completely running Bill's company into the pavement.

seinfeld

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
I would say the delay is. unpacking every single xbox, and reinstalling the firmwares to o/c the gfx like they said they did to better match the PS4 specs. this could have brought up cooling or throttling issues. and they are redesigning heatsinks or replacing them. many reasons. another problem they now face is a Kinect no one will use!. why cant console companies ditch that crap. and just supply 2 controllers ! and 2 Mics!

Status
Not open for further replies.