Microsoft Ending Anti-Virus Protection for Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Scaremongering. Yes, Windows XP will be vulnerable to new exploits, but if you suddenly find yourself inundated by malware attacks and a crippled computer just because Microsoft has moved on then it's your own fault for being an idiot on your computer.A simple education is more effective than anti-virus - learn to use a computer before you have one.

IT-Guru-luke

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I cannot afford to upgrade to Windows 7 and don't like 8, so I installed Robolinux which runs XP or 7 fully patched, sand boxed inside it, totally immune to all viruses and malware, requiring absolutely no updates or anti virus or anti malware software either. Robolinux was super easy to install and operate and it saved me hundreds of dollars too.

USAFRet

Illustrious

No, that XP is NOT immune to viruses. It just won't affect the host OS, Robolinux.

IT-Guru-luke

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
If you had any knowledge as to how the Robolinux virutal machine technology actually works you would see that in fact it is 100% immune to all malware hands down. Why not go to their site and watch the video which show you proof about it. Better yet download it and see for yourself.

USAFRet

Illustrious

So you're attempting to assert that an XP install, running in a VM, is 100% immune to me downloading a virus or trojan to that XP VM, running it, and somehow Robolinux will prevent that unpatched XP install from being infected, inside that VM?

Nonsense.

Sure, the XP is sandboxed. As it is with any other VM system. And as such can't affect the host OS, Robolinux (or any other host Linux OS).
But the guest OS, XP in this case, can certainly get infected.

Running in a VM can ward off driveby infections. But if I download and install a virus, guess what...it's going to get infected.

shadow78

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
XP is great. Who cares about Essentials. Tried it once, hated it. Bill Gates is rotten. He needs to come in and save XP. After all XP saved Microsoft. Made Gates richer.

das_stig

Distinguished
Download the Trial of Microsoft End Point Protection Server and within you will see the the full version of Microsoft Endpoint Protection Client aka a vastly improved Microsoft Security Essentials !

IT-Guru-luke

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
So you're attempting to assert that an XP install, running in a VM, is 100% immune to me downloading a virus or trojan to that XP VM, running it, and somehow Robolinux will prevent that unpatched XP install from being infected, inside that VM?Nonsense.Sure, the XP is sandboxed. As it is with any other VM system. And as such can't affect the host OS, Robolinux (or any other host Linux OS).But the guest OS, XP in this case, can certainly get infected.Running in a VM can ward off driveby infections. But if I download and install a virus, guess what...it's going to get infected.

IT-Guru-luke

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
USAFRet reply to your reply. Sure you can get a virus in a VM but that will not affect the Robolinux Windows VM whatsoever. Read on and you will be enlightened:What you are failing to understand because you do not know how the Robolinux VM technology works is that the Windows data is not stored inside the Windows VM, it is always safely stored inside the Robolinux partition which allows you to restore the VM if it ever gets compromised without losing your data.I use the Robolinux Linux apps like Google Chrome or Firefox for everything except Windows Apps that do not run inside Linux. ie. I surf in Linux using Google Chrome and Firefox on top of my Windows Apps which increases my productivity dramatically due to the Robolinux 3D multi Desktop environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.