Microsoft Faces Additional Patent Lawsuits

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]can we bomb that East Texas district?all these patent troll lawsuits are getting on my nerves...[/citation]
Cant... Its patent by (insert racy name here)

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Zeesh what is this all these patent lawsuits that just so happen to appear all at once. I feel like the guys pointing out how green peace is more anti capitalism then environmentalism, i smell conspiracy!

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
"...claims that the speech recognition support built into Windows XP and Windows Vista violates its patent on the technology"

so whats so special about now? if they've been infringing since the release of XP? could it be that they were sued by someone else recently and you just want to jump on the band wagon / money train?

dmwright

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]Patents are for whores, people that want to get control of ideas and prevent them from spreading to improve the real world.[/citation]

Long live philanthropy!

Just wondering how I'm going to feed my family while inventing all these new ideas!?!

A company? A company supports me through selling products, most likely my inventions. Should I give it to them to sell, and pay me just enough to get by?

The government? The government supports me through taxes, which WE ALL pay (both individuals and businesses) from working. And we will just give away our inventions to other countries for free to profit from and sell back to us? I believe the government has enough debt to worry about, before even thinking about philanthropy.

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Articles like this almost make me want to buy MS products as a way of telling these patent-sueing dicks where to go because this is all just plain ridiculous. Really very ridiculous.

ebattleon

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
If Microsoft was a open source organization i doubt they would be suffering as much. Also they seem to negotiate in bad faith which is what buried them in their in the previously in the lats case.

Also you would have to be really stupid to take on the EU in their back yard. They got slapped by the EU for the internet explorer integration thing in the past only fools repeat the same twice. I do not feel sorry for them at all.

G

Speech Recognition... Really.. XP and Vista Speech Recognition are horrid.. I wouldn't be jumping up and down about the patent(and possible violation) even if I did own the rights to it... big LOL

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Good, you can only bully, steal, buy out, underhanded back room deals for so long before it catches up to you.
I hope MS gets taken to the cleaners for their thievery and treachery.

jaybus

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
It is abundantly clear that World's government patent offices are staffed by either incompetents or criminals taking bribes, or most likely, both. Usually, a patent should be nullified if it can be shown that it was a trivial extension of existing technology that would be obvious to one skilled in the art. Skilled in the art? Well, in this case, any idiot who has ever Googled something can see it is a trivial extension of existing technology to another (very similar) medium. Thus my conclusion about the character of government patent office staff. Put more simply, they suck!

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
[citation][nom]cscott_it[/nom]I think the current patent system needs a severe overhaul.A way to still protect the inventor/propriater of the technology while not turning them into sue happy rapscallions.[/citation]
I think that it's called the GNU or GPL. haha. :p

G

I'll sue too because they cannot use MS Windows, while I have many Windows & Doors at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS