Microsoft Handing Out Kinect Beta Invites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
SO what, they would just send out kinnect sensors to random people at no cost for the sake of beta testing?

sounds fake to me, if not then very stupid. testing of hardware should be done by professionals, not attention derived pre-teens who manged to get in line before anyone else.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I was wondering about that myself. I seriously doubt, though, even if it is legit, that they are gonna hand out kinects for testing, but who knows, stranger things have happened!

guitarpeggio

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]SO what, they would just send out kinnect sensors to random people at no cost for the sake of beta testing? sounds fake to me, if not then very stupid. testing of hardware should be done by professionals, not attention derived pre-teens who manged to get in line before anyone else.[/citation]

I would have to assume that the product is put through professional testing as well. It makes complete sense to test a product on consumers, seeing as how that's who will be buying it. It doesn't matter how well developed and sound a device is if no one wants to use it.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]SO what, they would just send out kinnect sensors to random people at no cost for the sake of beta testing? sounds fake to me, if not then very stupid. testing of hardware should be done by professionals, not attention derived pre-teens who manged to get in line before anyone else.[/citation]
Do realize, most people on the Microsoft MSDN, TechNet, and Connect are professionals, not some trigger happy Halo playing teen.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Both M$ and $ony sent packages to me with HouseParty.com before. So I dunno why this would be fake. I'm waiting for the Kinect sdk to start building medical apps.

G

This is not all testing. A good way to promote a product. Let people try for free and spread it through the word of mouth.

G

I got one of those emails too.
I was successful in applying for the beta testing for the NXE and got it installed about 2 months before it was officially released, which is probably why I have got an email about Kinect.
It seems genuine, the email header shows that it has come from the same IP range as ones regarding feedback about the NXE.

SRRAE

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Of course its a good way of getting people interested in the product.
Having more people who have "tried it" for example at a friends house will then go and tell them about how good it was.
I personally think that every one will thing it is great within having a few goes. Its only later when you have used it for a while that its fall downs are discovered.
Its like the Wii Fit Board. How many people had a go at someone else's Wii Fit Board thought it was great bought one and then used it for about a week.?

Status
Not open for further replies.