Microsoft: Hardcore Gamers Will Buy Kinect First

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Oh yeah? What about hardcore gamers with wives who have hot female friends? It is made of win to have a wii/wii fit in this situation, so I can see it being just as advantageous to have Kinect. (HAH! You cannot beat my Yoga scores... oh yeah? Do it!)

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Just finished a 18-hour Gears of War session, now its time to play Pretty Dancing Fairy Princesses! Yeah, not gonna happen.

For $150, is anyone really going to by Kinect before they see that killer title they want to play? That's a steep price for something that MIGHT be useful.

People knock on the price of Wii controllers, but those work in ALL Wii games. You don't lose the investment in a second WiiMote because the new game you just bought doesn't use it. With Kinect, and its limited list of titles, its a lot of money to invest for little return at this particular time. If you think they'll release better titles in the future, might as well wait until they do.

radddi

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
What I'm eagerly awaiting is what will happen to games, once this Kinect thing has been reverse engineered for the PC... Mmmmmm...

DM0407

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
I think they meant "retarded gamers who lack understanding in the value of a dollar", not "hardcore".

This makes consoles even less complicated and further dumbs down gameplay.

bd26

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Only took 4 years after the vision cam to try again.
Atleast they have more than Totemball backing it.

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
If Microsuck is thinking about convincing people this thing is really cool, they are just plain stupid. Most people like controllers.

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Just finished a 18-hour Gears of War session[/citation]
That's like playing it 4 times in a row. Man, you are what hardcore is.

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Really hardcore gamers and crapbox do not mix! Hardcore gamers are us adults with multi thousand dollar setups thank you! Consoles are for the teenie boppers whos parents buy them. Minus the ones that bought a PS3 for a blu ray player like myself for it was the best of its time and still is as far as a media center. Microsoft is certainly milking the teet on this cow 5 year old outdated garbage![/citation]

i thought you had a great point there.... and then you mentioned - ps3 is the best. lol!

G

Hardcore gamers do not play on consoles? This article is ABOUT console gaming, so why are you here? Trolling for attention? This is the year 2010 my friend, PC gaming is DEAD, relocated to the back of the "antiquated" isle, next to the zip drives and 3.5 floppies. Consoles are IN thing now buddy. You can keep updating your drives and graphics cards every year, I like the rest of the world have moved on. Get with the program already, END OF STORY! PS, that members only jacket ain't helping.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Hardcore gamers as in idiots who buy anything. Otherwise known as early adopters. I don't see it catching on with casual gamers since they'll probably still get the Wii if they haven't already. And normal gamers aren't going to buy it because they'd rather use a controller and play "real" games. They see Natal as a gimmick. So that leaves idiots who buy anything, and those who are curious and have money to waste.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Hardcore gamers do NOT play on consoles. End of story.[/citation]

You sir, are a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS