Microsoft: Hardcore Gamers Will Buy Kinect First

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

applegotmelaid

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Translation: "Video game enthusiasts will be the first to buy new video game device." Microsoft is insightful beyond what I had originally expected.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Beings I have kids now I am less "hardcore" than I used to be but; since when did hardcore become such an elitist douchebag mentality.

I play my 360 (RDR is some of the greatest gaming ever), my PSP, some Wii Mario kart, my DS and my i7/5870 PC rig and enjoy every single one of them. Playing a certain system does not make one hardcore whatsoever.

Some of my favorite games atm are Just Cause 2, any Worms game, world of goo, Trials HD and some BC2 for multiplay.

Also, the dude above was absolutely right. Mapping dungeons on graph paper in Wizardy was far more hardcore than anything I do now.

Nossy

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2005
I guess you are hardcore if you spend half your time running benchmarks and overclocking your CPU/GPU/MEM. Think about it.

I know people who spend $2,000 on a PC rig to play ONE game (And maybe two). Half their time is spent "optimizing" the framerate by testing the stabilty of their overclocked setting. The next year they are drooling over the next generation video card already. But hey it's not my time and money.

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Jung[/nom]I remember drawing the map by hand while playing Ultima 4 on my C64. That was hard core, my friend.[/citation]

don't forget to mention that the manuals for some games were book like, take for instance of baldur's gate icewind dale, which had a pretty thick manual. don't forget that many of the games required no tutorials or didn't even have tutorials.

today, even from doing the most simplest and probably the stupidest thing is given a tutorial, like jumping. do you really need to be tutored on pressing the jump button as to understand that this particular button would make you jump?! why are we as gamers treated as stupid people. a better question would be, why are current hardcore gamers accept this treatment as being stupid?! with this regard, the title of this article, the hardcore gamers will buy kinect first actually denotes the idea that hardcore gamers are stupid and will likely buy the kinect. if the hardcore gamers like the idea of a jump tutorial, then it is likely that the title of this article will likely become true.

G

sombody should learn how to spell before they claim they have a higher education..............

G

your all gay..get lives and stop playing video games soo muchyou damn virgins

Status
Not open for further replies.