Microsoft Holds Funeral for iPhone and BlackBerry

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@willgart
why on earth does a phone have to be cool to be successful, 'cool' and 'hip' are passing trends, people buy 'cool' and 'hip' products not on their merits but because they want to be seen as the in crowd, sheep in other words

seriously if your going to base your purchase decision on tv adverts and what the 'in crowd' think of the product then there really is no hope

i thought the biggest draw of android was it's feature set and the main reason why it has made such serious in road into the iPhone, nothing to do with cool and more to do with personal computing, how i would like to use my phone

i sure hope individuality is does not become a victim in this era of modern technology

Shuge1

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
Im waiting 4 the part in the video where zombie iphone4 rises frm the grave and sucks WP7's brains dry.... ...Then Android cmes with his shotgun and clears the field, burns everythn down, then pisses on the flames..

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
not thrilled at all. a funeral scenario is supposed to have a gloomy backdrop. this marketing stunt is done in bad taste. is this the best MS people can come up with?

elmo2006

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Money that could have been put to good use; what a waste!
I guess the bean counters will be cutting staff once the visa bill comes in!

MasterM40

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
its good to see they are having a lil fun! for all those commenting on how boring or behind or businessy microsoft can be why wouldnt you tie in the fact that they ARE xbox so how wouldnt microsoft be able to dominate in "cool" factor if they already dominate at home?

asdf634

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]willgart[/nom]Unfortunatly WP7 will failed if Microsoft do not do a huge Adv campaign[/citation]

Based your purchase on the actual product itself, not the ad or how cool you think it makes you look...

... unless it's an Apple and Steve Jobs told you it's time to replace your not so old one with a new one. Again. ;)

kilthas_th

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
I wouldn't call it overconfidence. One need only look at how well the Zune displaced the iPod in the mp3 player market to see that WP7 should not only be a clear favorite in the phone market, but also to see how well Microsoft does "cool" ...

Arethel

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I think it looked like fun. The Windows 7 launch parties were fun too. The party I hosted was a lot of fun, albeit light on the actual Windows theme. Just live a little and don't be so uptight all the time. :)

screechy

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
I guess I'm one of the few who find this hilarious. I just think everyone is jealous because they can't put on a pardade at work for their competitors. Just think if foxcon employees got to put on a parade....

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]v4nquish[/nom]I'm just disturbed by this whole event. MSFT has some EXTREMELY awkward P.R. tactics.[/citation]

Welcome to Steve Ballmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.