Microsoft Knocks Out 4 Million Websites in Malware Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahnilated

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
I Hope Microsoft gets sued to the max for this. They could have easily done this instead of the brute force tactics they keep using. If they actually made an OS that wasn't as riddled with holes as all their products are maybe it wouldn't come to these type of tactics.

RedJaron

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Come off it. Many security pros have weighed in saying other, less popular OSs, are far worse security-wise than Windows. Cyber attacks like these are meant to cause as much trouble as possible and Windows is the biggest target. The other OSs have holes, we're just not as aware of them because far fewer people are attacking them.

Tell you what, build two walls with the exact same structural integrity. Have five guys start beating on one while 300 hammer at the other. Which one do you think will show its weakness first?

CoolRuler

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
my website is down too and there is nothing criminal about my site. who the hell do microsoft think they are? they dont own the internet. a lot of viruses are probably designed using microsofts software anyway or designed on their platforms but i dont see any court shutting down the whole of microsoft! to me it looks like a power game, who's got the most money and power. i hope No-IP has the right to sue the hell out of microshaft. mocrosoft are the biggest pirate in the world and they admitted it

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
"The shutdown has affected in some form at least 25 percent of the APT groups we are tracking," Raiu wrote on the SecureList blog, concluding that, "We think yesterday’s events have dealt a major blow to many cybercriminal and APT operations around the world."

considering the amount of people that are affected by this malware I would have to think that this is fair. How much money has been spent fixing computers because of malware? If you host websites then there should be a responsibility to make sure what you are hosting is not malicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.