Microsoft Launches Third Ad, Forth Spotted on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
"I'm a PC and I sell fish." LOL

I think its just good to see the commercials. It doesn't really need to be effective or a direct blow at the competition to work. Simply having funny advertisements is more than enough than trading blows. MS can take the high road with their advertisements and its good to see they have done that.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
This ad is no different than the annoying headache commercial which repeats product name and its function multiple times (people who watch that commercial too many times may need that product), and the other one about stomach ache, indigestion and diarrhea.

G

How is the ad affective? "...makes the third Microsoft ad a lot more affective..." Just because a word is spelled correctly does not make it the proper word for a sentence.

Vedlen

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
I'm a PC and I sell fish.
This was really not necessary. It's a Microsoft commercial so why would the French be treated this way, gratuitously.. Awkward from such a company..

And actually yes, I am French.

Vedlen

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
PS: to avoid people comments who will say "it's about fish, not the word 'selfish'", I know it has multiples senses. But obviously it's still not really appropriate I guess

chise1

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2008
If Microsoft really wants to use the $300 million wisely, getting 33 (or however many people they used in this commercial) people saying "I'm a PC" isn't really going to do the trick... Microsoft, I really think that you need to prove to people why they should buy a Windows PC vs. a Mac PC (and yes, contrary to the Mac ads, Macs are "personal computers" as well) and not just have ridiculous ads that 1/2 make sense. Those Apple ads are getting really annoying.

Scooder

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Vedlen, I think you're getting something out of it that we aren't. Are you saying MS is mocking the French population by having a French speaking person in the ad?

Vedlen

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Scooder[/nom]Are you saying MS is mocking the French population by having a French speaking person in the ad?[/citation]
No of course not. I was refering to the pun as if the French were in general selfish, nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.