Microsoft Makes Zune HD Official, Packs IE Browser

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]jecht[/nom]I'm waiting for the metaphor-free radio[/citation]

Hey now, I got your metaphor-free radio right here! I said it was like turbo-shuffle. That my friend is a similie. Oh yes, jane is wearing her clever trousers today. :kaola"

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]looks good, the best thing about Zune is no Itunes![/citation]
You can get MP3 files on your iPod WITHOUT using iTunes.
It's called Winamp. :)
Send to -> iPod

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I've rediscovered the radio in recent months. It's like turbo-shuffle and there's 10 stations for every genre.[/citation]

I admit that I've never listened to satellite radio with its plethora of stations. I just can't handle radio that has any of: advertisements, djs (i.e. talk), or terrible industry pushed / created pop music.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I can't wait! I had no desire for the phone part anyway, I just have a cheap basic phone with txt and pix and that's all I need. Portable media player though, I want MORE, MORE, MORE! I love all the features and the new look. Definately going to look into ditching my iPod Classic for this

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
I don't regret just recently getting my touch, but i will admit that the zunehd getting hd radio is very neat, i typically listen to the radio at night here and hd radio is advertised a lot on the station i listen to

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I will not buy a zune simply because it requires you to use zune software, just like ipods requires you to use itunes..

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Need more details, but at this point its a thumbs up for me. I hope they revert back to the "premium" headphones, or something better.

spongebob

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
[citation][nom]afrobacon[/nom]I'm curious how this "IE based" browser will match up. Any news on being able to switch to something (possibly) better?[/citation]afrobacon has a legitimate point - Whoever voted this message down must have never used IE on a mobile phone. IE on WinMo 5 is pretty poor, completely outclassed by Opera. Be that as it may, I've caught some rumors that IE was getting some attention - I suspect the version on this device will be much improved.

G

Yes... YES!!! I'll wait to see the actual device, but I'll definitely be holding off buying an iPhraud product... My sisters have ipods, while I do like the concept of watching videos on the ipod touch... we had to update the ipod and... tada! fry-tunes failed in the middle of the update process and bricked the device. Perhaps I could have restarted the device if I was able to remove the battery :-\

mitch074

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
If the ZuneHD runs under Windows Mobile 6 (or a spin-off) then the browser is based on IE 6's engine, which is famous amongst web developers.

...it sucks big time.

Hindesite

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I'm very glad they didn't try to make this a phone. I love every feature about this Zune HD, but I already have a phone which I use for calling people. I want my phone to be a high quality device with every single penny of it's production costs put into making it a good phone. I don't want the quality of my phone split between all the costs included with creating something like a Zune HD. Consumers will only pay so much for a device like that and Microsoft would have to cut corners somewhere.

Leave the calling to phones, I say.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]leafblower29[/nom]Yeah I do to find new songs.[/citation]

I actually use torrent sites to find new music. If I like what I hear, I buy their album. On regular broadcast radio, I can't remember the last time I heard a new song that I actually liked.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Dont worry guys, it shouldn't take long for a few hundred beer and fart apps to show up. probably not long for the tens of useful apps either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS