Microsoft: Master Chief is Our Sugar Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Ok, Mario has cartoonish appeal, which allows the character to be in about 95-96% of the games produced by Nintendo (discounting the 100 or so Pokemon games). Throw in the at times painfully stereotypical Italian catch-phrases ("Its-a me, Mario!"), and you have a character that can last (plus a weekday-morning show I remember from elementary school doesn't hurt).

Master Chief is a cybernetic/ethereal/whatever marine that shoots things, not quite the same genre. Granted, Halo games sell like hotcakes, but I doubt we'll see "Master Chief Cart Racing" or "Master Chief Tennis" any time soon. Not only that, but they'd seriously dillute and destroy the Halo franchise long before they recoup any of their X-Box losses.

Sony tried with Crash Bandicoot, and while I liked the original (never beat it), it just didn't have the same appeal.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Moichandising! Moichandising! Where the real money from the movie is made. Spaceballs: the T-shirt, Spaceballs: the Coloring Book [holds up a Transformers comic book], Spaceballs: the Lunchbox, Spaceballs: the Breakfast Cereal! Spaceballs: the Flame Thrower!! [fires a blast from flame thrower]

I love me some Halo, but let's not jump the shark and have Master Chief at the Olympics. PLEASSSEEE!

MetzMan007

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
wait wait wait wait i have the answer. lets take the top selling game for microsoft and do what blizzard did. make tons of money on a MMORPG. i first person shooter MMORPG that would just be grand they could make everyone pay double th price for WOW and everyone will be happy. master chief can live on and microsoft can make billions. and did i also destroy i game that everyone loves just like blizzard. war craft is just not the same. strategy to 3rd person role playing comeon. it would like Halo turning into am old school scroll type mario game. just doesn't work.

Sorry WOW fans its just not warcraft at all. and i have played them all. But i do love DOTA.

teeth_03

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
When Microsoft starts bringing these newer Halo goes to PC (and does a decent job doing it),then I might impressed. Otherwise,who cares about Microsoft and its console...

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
"Master Chief is a cybernetic/ethereal/whatever marine..."

Actually I'd guess Navy SEAL :D. "Master Chief" is a senior Naval enlisted grade, mostly equivalent to a Master Sergeant in the Marine Corps, Army & Air Force.

Yours Trooly,
Master Civilian Fazers_on_stun :p

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
[citation][nom]fazers_on_stun[/nom]"Master Chief is a cybernetic/ethereal/whatever marine..." Actually I'd guess Navy SEAL . "Master Chief" is a senior Naval enlisted grade, mostly equivalent to a Master Sergeant in the Marine Corps, Army & Air Force.Yours Trooly,Master Civilian Fazers_on_stun[/citation]

Spartan-117 is a marine. He is one of the few who's body has accepted most of the enhancments of the program and didn't go batshit insane. He's bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter than all the other recruits, and as such the rest of the spartans look to him as a leader. He is also very lucky, and the sentient AI "Cortana" picked him as a host by observing this fact first hand.

Most of the Spartans were wiped out during the Fall of Reach when the Covenant forces glassed the surface of the planet - or shortly thereafter.

kato128

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]teeth_03[/nom]When Microsoft starts bringing these newer Halo goes to PC (and does a decent job doing it),then I might impressed. Otherwise,who cares about Microsoft and its console...[/citation]

Hear you and agree on that one. MS paid bungie squillions to take it off PC and give us crappy ports from xbox instead. On the otherhand it's refreshing to be put off a big franchise like this before I had any good memories of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS