Microsoft May Have Confirmed Dual-Screen Tablet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xpax

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
I think the Courier will be amazing, if it comes anywhere close to the videos that have been released thusfar. I'd buy one on release day. It sounds useful, unlike the iPad.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]areyousureaboutthathowboutnow[/nom]but it can't run crysis.[/citation]
Aw, come on man!

I go through all that work of typing a small wall of text just to try and freshen that old crappy joke before someone else whipped it out casually, and then you go ahead and make an even lazier reference to it? If anything, I think that joke should evolve to attempting to fool people into reading the the question "But can it play Crysis"?

si7entsam

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]I am truely amazed that in this day and age we have engineers that dare to create devices with these capabilities. To think in the near future everyone could have a dual screen tablets, hell I could easily fit one of these in my pockets. I never liked tablets mostly because of the lack of a keyboard, but you easily use the lower screen as a keyboard. With all that being said, the big question I think we need to ask ourselves is:Can is play Crysis?[/citation]
I see what you did thar!

G

I would find this far, far more useful than the iPad, epsecially if:

1. It ran Windows 7; thus allowing a potentially seamless deployment target for apps written in one of MS's dev platforms (e.g.: .Net).

2. It had good real-world connectivity (e.g.: USB), and forward thinking Wi-Fi Direct.

3. it provided similar media/entertainment capabilities as the iPad.

Let's be honest: if MS is doing this as a reference work to influence others to build it, then this is a waste of our time. If MS is serious, but will wait to see what advantages/disadvantages the iPad has, then this may be too late. If MS is simply waiting until the market is perceived to be a billion-dollars in size (the typical threshold value of MS caring), then, again, it may be too late. They certainly were profoundly slow in the smartphone market. Stunningly so.

The business case for this device's focus - a notebook, where work is done and content is created, mixed and repurposed - hits the damn target in the middle, precisely where the iPad seems miles away. If MS fails to capitlize on this, they are truly on the decline towards becoming ho-hum and largely irrelevant. The future is mobile. Is Ray listening?

ccrasher

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
This type of device would be fabulous!!! I can see using Adobe Indesign for creation and Acrobat pro for notes etc. in a meeting, making changes to designs. (with a few tweaks)
This device can and will change many things if it ever becomes reality.

ccrasher

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
This type of device would be fabulous!!! I can see using Adobe Indesign for creation and Acrobat pro for notes etc. in a meeting, making changes to designs. (with a few tweaks)
This device can and will change many things if it ever becomes reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.