Microsoft: Our Websites Are ''Horrific''

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
When you have as much information for as many products installed on as many consumers' hardware as MS has, how CAN it be simple? I think they are doing a great job and I wouldn't have any idea on how to improve things.

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Here's a tip. Sell Windows 7. One version. Price it at $50. Your partners will be momentarily confused, but it will pass, and in it's place will be understanding, and rejoicing.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
We don't cater to babies, but only to the bold who dare venture the maze of our websites. We make things difficult so you can make money too through tech support. And if you got accustomed to the common look-and-feel of our GUIs we so proudly advertised before, we'll change them as we did Office 2007. You have to be on your toes every moment of your waking life.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Mabye this will eventually make their help sites actually helpful.

I find its MUCH faster to call a tech, pay $99 and have them fix things rather than spend hours and days reading over confusing posts, irrevelant tech articles and newsgroup meanderings.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I find it very easy to find information on MS web sites, I simply use Google to search for the info. Thanks Google. If MS ever figures out how to design a good site and/or search engine, they won't be completely clueless about why most people choose Google or why many people hate Windows.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
[citation][nom]FlayerSlayer[/nom]Sadly, it's still better than the Cisco partner sites. THOSE are a nightmare.[/citation]What makes you think Cisco wants you to find helpful information? Cisco is based upon selling overpriced, hard to configure hardware, and selling lots of support for that hardware. Making information easy to get would only make it easier for people to use their products without much support. Making marketing info easier to get would just give Cisco's competitors an easy way to show their competitive advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.