Microsoft Re-Confirms Voice Support for Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
Even if my native language is supported both on my pc (ubuntu) and phone, I hate to use it. For example, when I was using Windows with latvian language packs, it translated the "Start" button to palaistuve, which means slut in latvian.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
on that fighting game on ubisoft looks ok... sorry, m$. give us hardcore games at launch or look like a joke. or heck, give us the friggin kinect sdk, and let us create games or business/health applications with it.

harlequin6791

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Also a may demonstration isn't the greatest place to demo voice commands. Your ears may have adjusted to the ambient noise levels however the microphones still pick up everything. The MOA is a deafening place really. It's a relief the minute you walk out the doors into the silence.

I played the demo at the MOA as well.. I thought it was enjoyable for what it was. Just fun family entertainment. A slight lag but I automatically adjusted to it fine within seconds.

Kinect is still on my list to get for entertaining groups of friends.

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Even if my native language is supported both on my pc (ubuntu) and phone, I hate to use it. For example, when I was using Windows with latvian language packs, it translated the "Start" button to palaistuve, which means slut in latvian.[/citation]

Classic. Yeah, as for the Natal, you people realize your putting a camera and microphone into a device made by a major corperation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLjt6N_xJac

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I wonder if it'll support Aussie...

Aussie: She'll be right mate
Kinect: I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that. Could you please repeat it?
Aussie: I said she'll be right
Kinect: I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that. Could you please repeat it?
Aussie: Look ya dickhead, are ya bloody listening or not?
Kinect: Calm down mate, she'll be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.