Microsoft Smartband Coming in October with 11 Sensors, Open APIs, and Cross-platform Compatibilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Interesting design choice. I think the cross platform compatibility and open API will allow it to do better than others that tend to stick to their preferred platform.

Now for all the Microsoft hate to come flowing in.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Microsoft will share the same marketshare it enjoys with its smartphones & tablets with this device. Which is 5%

They simply cannot produce the products customers want. 90% of their revenue and profits still come from Windows & Office. It's been a quarter of a century and nothing has changed with this company.

Amdlova

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
people spend alot of time on these watchs. that is a fail tecnology. please work on GPS not the (A-gps).

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Microsoft will share the same marketshare it enjoys with its smartphones & tablets with this device. Which is 5%

They simply cannot produce the products customers want.

^ We really need to stop supplying internet access to the bottom of bridges. ^

Anyway, open APIs and cross-platform? That sounds like a winning plan, given that almost everyone else is releasing platform-locked or otherwise proprietary hardware in this market. This gives both developers and end-users greater flexibility.
Next technological breakthrough: smart nanites ==> you get to be the device
Let's start with conventional cyberware first - I'll take a new set of cybereyes.

rds1220

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
Who would buy this crap like Google Glass and smart watches. I would never waste money on something so useless. I don't need Google Glass and I don't need my watch telling the NSA where I am, when I take a dump and how much toilet paper I use.

G

as for not being able to record a whole movie. if u are dumb enough to record with google glass i am sure u have 3 friends that will loan u there google glass so u can record ANY movie from start to finish. as for movie usher

's u can easily bribe him if he even cares to say something to u.

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Chunky design is one of the things that killed the SPOT watch.

I -really- wanted to buy one back in the day but they only made Fred Flintstone sundials.

Status
Not open for further replies.