Microsoft Still Launching Xbox TV This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
A mix of voice and hand gestures which kinect picks up and translates would be awesome. Swipe your hand left or right to turn pages/channels, flick your hand up or down to change volume, etc. I think its called a "Minority Report keyboard"?

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
God, why did I renew my Xbox Live for 2 years when it was on sale for $35? Is this what all that money is going to? ESPN, Twitter, Facebook, and other crap I don't need or want.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]God, why did I renew my Xbox Live for 2 years when it was on sale for $35? Is this what all that money is going to? ESPN, Twitter, Facebook, and other crap I don't need or want.[/citation]
Then stop renewing it, go PC gaming instead, DUH!

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Lets not forget about the bandwidth caps that ISPs ..*coughCOMCASTcough*...implement. If there is some sort of deal made between Microsoft and these providers, I am willing to bet that would mean either higher rates from the providers or a separate charge for providing this service. Either way, the consumer loses.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]decepticon[/nom]Lets not forget about the bandwidth caps that ISPs ..*coughCOMCASTcough*...implement. If there is some sort of deal made between Microsoft and these providers, I am willing to bet that would mean either higher rates from the providers or a separate charge for providing this service. Either way, the consumer loses.[/citation]
Xbox exists in more places than the USA
***cough***only 5% of the worlds population***cough***
***cough***smaller and more saturated market than Europe, lots of countries of which don't have bandwidth caps***cough***

Soma42

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Xbox exists in more places than the USA***cough***only 5% of the worlds population***cough******cough***smaller and more saturated market than Europe, lots of countries of which don't have bandwidth caps***cough***[/citation]

Yes, yes, but that 5% has about 20 million of the 55 million 360s out there, so you can understand why Microsoft might want to focus on that demographic?

Plus, like the article said there are similar implementations from Microsoft in the UK, Canada and elsewhere...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Soma42[/nom]Yes, yes, but that 5% has about 20 million of the 55 million 360s out there, so you can understand why Microsoft might want to focus on that demographic?Plus, like the article said there are similar implementations from Microsoft in the UK, Canada and elsewhere...[/citation]
I think the point I was trying to make was that COMCAST do not exist anywhere else outside the USA.
There are more consoles been sold by all makers in the USA but Europe has a higher population.
Therefore there is more room for growth in that market before saturation, also the deregulation and competition that exists in various European broadband markets mean that there are plenty of very good providers with no bandwidth caps.

Soma42

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]I think the point I was trying to make was that COMCAST do not exist anywhere else outside the USA.[/citation]

Fair enough, but Xbox TV won't exist anywhere outside the USA from what I gather either... At least for the near future.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Soma42[/nom]Fair enough, but Xbox TV won't exist anywhere outside the USA from what I gather either... At least for the near future.[/citation]
The service will be similar what Microsoft has already done overseas with Sky TV in the United Kingdom, Canal Plus in France, and FoxTel in Australia.
Actually, looks like the USA is already late to this party as well.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I actually don't care about the Kinect integration part, but when it comes out, I'll be looking at Xbox LIVE TV vs a cable bill

Status
Not open for further replies.