Microsoft Testing Windows 7 Updater

Status
Not open for further replies.

christop

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
I tried to get the beta to work and never did. I downloaded it 3 times and burned it at 2x speed. It always said files were missing.. I really wanted to try it..

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
I got the 32-bit build 7000 to work, but I've downloaded the 64-bit version several times and it's never installed for me (same error about missing files during install.)

They did these 'test updates' during the XP and Vista betas too. You'd think they could release some actual bug fixes and just propogate THOSE out instead of making dummy updates... Maybe build 7000 is completely 100% bug-free?!?! (/sarcasm)

Gryphyn

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
If you read it Friday on another tech site, why did you click the link on this one? Now, how about a nice cup of STFU, you whiney bastard.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
"Recently Tech ARP reported that Microsoft plans to launch the release candidate of Windows 7 in April, followed by the retail (RTM) version sometime before the 2009 holiday season."

That's scary. I just spent a week testing the 64-bit beta and it has a lot of stability and design problems. It's better than Vista but it's more of a buggy service pack for Vista than a new release. The XP to XP SP2 transition was a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.