Mid-playing game, laptop crashes with loud screeching sound from speakers, and fuzzy visuals

jimmmybloomers

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
My Brother's laptop. whenever he plays a game, after about 10 minutes will suddenly make a extremely loud screeching/buzzing/static sound, and the visuals of that game will suddenly look extremely broken up and frozen. It looks like when you have bad signal on a TV and it cant play it properly - if you have ever had that! the laptop was working on Sunday, and only suddenly started to do this yesterday.

The laptop is quite old (about 4 years) so I presume it is hardware, It would just be nice to try and figure out what, if it isn't too expensive to replace it.

Thanks for any response in advance.

The specs: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @2.50 GHz
Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Video card (2): NVIDIA Geforce GTX 765M
Ram: 8.0 GB
Operating System: Microsoft WIndows 10 (build 14393), 64 bit.

Solution
bonjour service will be part of an apple program you have installed. i dont know what you have on your computer to be able to tell you what to un-install.

removing the service itself is easy, but will cause problems when the program that uses it wants to work ... probably cause more issues than you currently have.

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
it didnt originally come with windows 10 did it? possibly downgrade / re-install original windows 8.1
windows 10 + games = problems. - check compatibility mode of game.

you are generally right though, normal software errors tend to bsod, where-as hardware errors can make the computer fall over.
taskbar
search box
type in: event viewer
look through your logs to see what died and caused your problem

jimmmybloomers

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

I am on event viewer, but how do is see that specific event?

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
at your current poijnt in time, you would need to literally search the entire thing fora problem. you need to run event viewer right after your pc crashes (when you first restart it again) and the 'event's at the top (most recent) easier to find, but:

event viewer box > administrative events > list of errors and problems

jimmmybloomers

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

There are a huge amount of errors afterwards, Lots happened at the exact same tie and they all say similar things, and all list 'bonjour service' as the source. Some examples of what they say are:

mDNSCoreReceiveResponse: Received from 192.168.1.79:5353 16 WIN-P7186FO3IPS.local. AAAA FDAA:BBCC:D DEE:0000:51B5:90BE:BF52:494C

mDNSCoreReceiveResponse: Resetting to Probing: 4 WIN-P7186FO3IPS.local. Addr 192.168.1.79

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
bonjour? youre on an apple? sorry, my knowledge of windows 10 and apple compatibility is rather small. (as i detest apple).

if you do not use any apple devices, i would disable this service.

jimmmybloomers

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

It isn't an apple device, how do i disable it?

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
bonjour service will be part of an apple program you have installed. i dont know what you have on your computer to be able to tell you what to un-install.

removing the service itself is easy, but will cause problems when the program that uses it wants to work ... probably cause more issues than you currently have.

Solution