Solved! Mid-Size Tower PC interior packing question?

May 24, 2021
Hey all, quick question for a upcoming physical move with a moving company. Sadly I can not transport my mid-size tower pc, thankfully I still have the shipping box it came in when I built it. Its plenty reinforced with foam hard cushions, however I'm worried and need advice on two things:

1 - Temperature inside a moving van shouldn't harm the internals if the weather is slated for a low of 60F and high of 80F & it will only be in transit for 1-2 days?
2 - I was sloppy and wasn't able to pick up a Instapak Quick RT #10 to wrap the internals, would filling the space with gently placed bubblewrap still do the trick in protecting the gpu, fan, motherboard and relieving movement pressure?

Thanks all for your time and apologies for a desktop pc question in the laptop support section.

Solution
Temp will not be an issue.
Putting bubblewrap inside is asking for trouble. That will generate static electricity and could casue ESD damage (look up ESD). I doubt a trip in a moving van will create any issues. Any shock protection you do should be outside the case.
Temp will not be an issue.
Putting bubblewrap inside is asking for trouble. That will generate static electricity and could casue ESD damage (look up ESD). I doubt a trip in a moving van will create any issues. Any shock protection you do should be outside the case.

Reactions: Solarn
Solution
May 24, 2021
Thanks for the info, that puts my mind at ease for the moving heat and i decided to buy some fillers with expedited shipping since I was unaware bubblewrap had static charge buildup!

USAFRet

Illustrious
  1. Those temps are no issue
  2. Filling the internal spaces with <whatever> is of no purpose. Any "movement" would happen on a millimeter scale. Padding cannot lock things down to that level.

PC's are shipped all over the world, every day. With NO internal packing.stuffing. They arrive just fine.

TRENDING THREADS