Midway Games Sold Cheap to Investor Mark Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
Hearing this just makes me sad. One of the most important producers/developers in videogame history now worth slightly more then trash.

V3ctor

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
It's their fault... they didn't evolve... I compare them to SEGA... Pioneers... but now... just old ladies

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]timaahhh[/nom]Hearing this just makes me sad. One of the most important producers/developers in videogame history now worth slightly more then trash.[/citation]
The DC cross over pretty much proved they were trash.

ED Boon was saying that they were going to have a sort of reboot with new character, and none of the old ones. I was hoping that would happen.

But Mortal Combat was never really all that intricate, so it's probably just dieing from lack of ideas.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
"The DC cross over pretty much proved they were trash."

no dude that just proved they were desperate. i honestly haven't played any memorable midway games besides mortal kombat...so im not surprised

G

Midway USED to be awesome. Spy Hunter, Joust, Gauntlet, Rampage, and even the 90's was okay with NBA Jam, Mortal Kombat and Primal Rage.

They need to stick to doing what they do best... basic but fun arcade games. The only real opportunity for sales of such games is on handheld portables now days.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
But they DID manage to release the last title just around now didn't they? I was playing with the idea of buying it - once my car's fixed and all that. But if they've already surrendered, I guess it's a bit late to throw money after them?

Another esteemed developer down. Anything left except valve and ea?

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I don't have much steem left for EA with the flawed products they released in the past years. There's indeed Valve and Blizzard but also Ubisoft and countless good independant developers like id, Besthesda, Bioware, etc. In fact, come to think of it, I probably won't miss Midway that much. Think of it of a good rock bad retiring. They'll be missed but there's still a lot of good and young companies on their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.