Question Mint Mobile: No Netflix Allowed

Oct 30, 2020
Be advised Mint Mobile censors the data stream after you purchase the pay in advance plan. No Netflix unless you use a VPN that Mint can not detect.

Last edited:

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
are you sure? do you have a source? I just spent some time googling this and did not find anything. I would think if a streaming service was excluded from mobile streaming, users would be all over the web crying about it.

Oct 30, 2020
I went to the Mint Mobile help section chat room and asked what the deal was. They wrote...
"Mint Mobile does not support the Netflix platform".
When I told them that was some communist China BS they told me it was my phone, poor connection, website down etc.
When I turn on the free VPN Add-on provided by Firefox, Netflix loaded no problem. Turn off the VPN, no Netflix.
After I demanded to speak to a supervisor I got Netflix on my phone but not through my phone's Wifi hotspot unles the Netflix stream is routed through a VPN.
I wrote a complaint to the FCC and I am awaiting a reply but suspect this type of censorship is allowed. Silicon valley has become the new Office of Propoganda once thought dead along with the Soviet Union.

Oct 30, 2020
Never been to Las Vegas?
Technically we are not a country but we are so different from the rest of the US we like to think we are a different country.
We have very good coverage out here and restricting anything is not in our nature.

Last edited:

rgd1101

Don't
Never been to Las Vegas?
Technically we are not a country but we are so different from the rest of the US we like to think we are a different county.
We have very good coverage out here and rstricting anything is not in our nature.
well I ask what country. last time I check Las Vegas is not a country.

you can get to netflix website or just can't steam from the app? did you check with netflix?

Oct 30, 2020
I have three different internet ports in my home the only one that does not allow Netflix is the one on my Mint mobile phone.
My Mom in Florida had the same problem. Unfortunately, the service signal for Mint Mobile in Florida is so bad if she turns on a VPN there is not enough data getting through to stream anything. Don't get me wrong the price is right for Mint mobile but you get what you pay for and Mint Mobile is bottom of the barrel. I can not even send text messages on the Las Vegas strip.
At any rate, you need to come to Las Vegas to really understand how different we are here from any other place in the US. Just don't bring a Mint Mobile phone or anything on the Mint Network.